When it comes to our skincare formulas, we always choose ingredients that will be most beneficial to your skin. Water is a great inexpensive base for formulating skincare products, but other than hydration, water doesn’t provide much else. At Nourish Organic, we believe in nourishing your skin and its protective barrier, so we don’t formulate our products with conventional water. Instead, we use highly concentrated and nutrient-rich Organic Aloe Vera Juice. When it comes to skin health, this multi-beneficial succulent has your back (and face, and the rest of your body)!
Aloe Vera Juice is composed of not just water, but polysaccharides, anthraquinones, amino acids, glycosides, minerals, flavones, phytosterols, Salicylic Acid, Vitamin B complex, Folic Acid, Vitamin C and carotene (Vitamin A) – all incredibly beneficial compounds for skin health! The ‘juice’ is the clear gel that makes up the majority of the aloe leaf and is highly hygroscopic (water-loving). It binds to moisture and is an excellent carrier for other water-based ingredients.
So, what are the functions of each of these important nutrients present in Aloe Vera?
- Polysaccharides are what give Aloe Vera its gel-like appearance and help it bind to moisture to form a protective barrier for the skin. It also aids in protecting the epidermis and helps the skin naturally repair and restore itself.
- Anthraquinones, Flavones, and Phytosterols are hydrating compounds and give aloe its emollient, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits.
- Glycosides promote healthy cell renewal and provide antihistaminic (anti-allergen) properties.
- Salicylic Acid is a natural exfoliant that helps unclog and refine pores and also acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamins, Minerals and Amino Acids help to vitally nourish the skin.
My team recently asked me to nail down my 5 most-loved benefits of Certified Organic Aloe Vera — it was hard to choose just five, but these top benefits made the list:
- It’s a fast-absorbing moisturizer that hydrates without leaving a greasy residue on the skin, so it’s beneficial for all skin types, including sensitive
- It not only hydrates, but nourishes, clarifies, soothes and revitalizes the skin
- It enhances the skin’s ability to absorb nutrients
- Its antioxidant activity and richness in vitamins help to protect skin before and after exposure to UV radiation (light from the sun)
- Because it is so rich in nutrients, it provides a favorable environment for the skin’s microbes (the ‘good’ bacteria within the microbiome)
You can see for yourself how much we adore this powerhouse succulent! Look at the ingredient list on all of your non-oil-based Nourish Organic products – you'll see Organic Aloe Vera Juice listed as the very first ingredient.
Have you noticed positive changes in your skin since incorporating organic skincare into your routine? We'd love to hear about your experience! Comment below or send an email to our resident Clean Chemist at firstname.lastname@example.org.